Current Version: V7 (11 June 2019)
- Procedural generation engine
- Generates archetypes based on common drama patterns
- Weighted by villain/hero, and male/female
- Minimized conflicting personalities
- Made descriptions and character traits much more fluid. e.g. Femme Fatale would no longer have text saying "sexy and dangerous". Instead it adds a "sexy" modifier when generating looks, and adds a "dangerous" modifier to personality.
- Purpose generator. If the character is solo, explain why they're not part of a group.
- Softer (less jarring) merging party mechanics into the character.
- Party generator - create a small group based on tropes. Also justifying why the group is this size.
- Proper gender managing and splitting description tropes out into a separate panel.
- Plot hooks.
- Button to copy text
- Looks and appearances
- CSS art for faces, and then for bodies and clothes
- Expand list choices greatly
- Deeper concepts. What is their role in this world? What strengths do they have? What brings trouble to them?
- Deeper personality. How would they approach their situation differently to any other characters?
- Backgrounds. What shaped their personality? What plot hooks does this bring? Who cares if a character has a perfectly normal childhood? Who cares if one parent is abusive? Each background detail should lead to other ends.
- Themes are a huge part of all interesting characters. E.g. Woody of Toy Story would be very different in a western setting as compared to being a toy. Find ways to strip off and neutralize the effect of a theme.
Longer term goals:
- Migrate database to server, and develop into app
- User submission of new traits, alternate descriptions, and moderation system
- Plot generators